Monday, January 28, 2019

Musical Monday - Wheat Kings by Tragically Hip

Music has this amazing ability to speak for us when words aren't always enough.  My daughter put together a playlist for me to listen to as I awaited hip surgery.  Now if you want some fun, check these out on YouTube - Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.  Oh my I only hope I can dance like this with my new hip.  Or just for the heck of it Shake Your Hips by the Rolling Stones.  Because we are Canadian, not much is more Canadian than the Tragically Hip.  Wheat Kings mentions many Canadian places and themes.  
The songs can get you through the trials & tribulations and the fun or serious times of life.  I am sure that Gord Downy's music made the last part of his life so much more fulfilling than it would have been otherwise.  Music is often the best medicine we can take. 

No comments: