Monday, January 26, 2015

Musical Monday - Is Older Better?

There are many things that get better with age: cheese, wine, scotch and children.  Well you may disagree on a couple of those as each of us has different tastes.

I feel much more confident as a musician now as I have many years of experience and training under my belt.  Although I was pretty sure of myself when I was younger but now, I actually know more stuff.

I think many performers improve with age too.  Maybe it is because they have so much experience they feel they don't have to prove anything and can relax and enjoy performing. I however, feel that they mellow and even their voices gain a soulful sound.

I think these next two videos give an interesting comparison of Billy Joel in early days 1978 and later in 2006 almost 30 years later.  What do you think?




No comments: