Friday, August 24, 2012

Fun Friday - Birdland Russian Style

You may know that the group, Weather Report, gained a great deal of fame with its first fusion album, Stormy Weather, with Birdland as its main piece.  No, well neither did I.
I found this video on another web site and was taken by the  amazing opening that looked for all the world like a fashion show.  Very cool idea.
The conductor is my kind of musician.  It is a long piece but more than worth the effort.  Jazz it seems has no geographic boundaries.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

That was cool. The opening did look like a fashion show and the conductor was your sort of style. I liked how they sang standing further apart and mixed up. I find it easier to blend that way. And it looks more interesting. I thought it was interesting that everyone was kind of dancing - even the conductor.

Embro Thistle Singers said...

I think that dancing is what you would call really getting into your music and letting the music get into YOU!