Friday, June 8, 2012

Fun Friday - Soupy Sales with Pookie and White Fang

When I was a kid living in Windsor we got 4 channels on the television and one came from Detroit.  At lunch we sat at the little wooden table in the living room and had our lunch with Soupy Sales.  Today while we were walking, my hubbie and I were reminiscing about that show and much to the chagrin of those who passed us on the street were grunting like White Fang and throwing in a few steps of the Soupy Shuffle.
What I didn't know then, was that Soupy loved jazz and this video shows that.  The musicians are Clark Terry and our own, Oscar Peterson.  Note how the back stage people are the audience and laugh and interact liberally .

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow that was Oscar Peterson. I can't believe how un-scripted that seems. It almost looks like outtakes.

Embro Thistle Singers said...

Maybe that's why we loved it so much. They were having a ball and we did too. Little did I know the caliber of the talent we watched with our peanut butter and jam.