Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tonal Tuesdays - All God's Creatures Gotta Place in the Choir

Gary one of our tenors sent me an e-mail with this video attached.

Click here: "A Place in the Choir" - YouTube

This is an old folk song and is great fun to watch.  The fact that the Celtic Thunder aren't hard to look at is no deterrent.

Look at how much fun they are having.  Look at how much fun the audience is having.   Watching the video is the next best thing to being there.


“I love to hear a choir. I love the humanity to see the faces of real people devoting themselves to a piece of music. I like the teamwork. It makes me feel optimistic about the human race when I see them cooperating like that.”


A choir is made up of diverse personalities, voices, backgrounds and in many cases, ages.  What keeps us together is our shared love of music.  Paul McCartney is oh so right.  If you love to sing and are willing to learn, you sure do have a place in OUR choir!!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I love that ETS has no audition process and it doesn't matter if you can read music or not. It gives people with an interest in music but little experience a chance to experience it. That's awesome.

Embro Thistle Singers said...

It works a charm and we have, although I may be biased, the best group of singers around. Practice on Sunday was amazingly wonderful. Love this choir!!